Welcome to the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and BLS Provider Course.
· Visit elearning.heart.org/courses.
· Find the course name: ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment and Precourse Work
· Also look at the IO and Coping with Death videos on the upper right corner of the site.
· Once you find your course, select Launch Course to begin.
Note: If you haven't already logged in, the system will ask you to do so. If you haven't visited the site before, you'll be prompted to set up an account.
When doing the precourse work make sure you minimize the video so you can click on the forward button to answer questions after each video.
Pre Course Requirements
You should prepare for class by doing the following:
· Review and understand the information in your ACLS Provider Manual.
· Review, understand, and pass the mandatory precourse self-assessment and Precourse work. Print your certificate and bring it with you to class. Please also see the Coping with Death video and Intraosseous IV videos.
· Ensure that your BLS skills and knowledge are current for the resuscitation scenarios.
· You will be tested on Adult CPR with AED, Respiratory arrest and Megacode skills. You will then have a 50-question written test in which you can use your student manual to find answers.
BLS class will follow. Please bring your student manual with you to class.
· You will receive your ACLS ecard on the day of class and also be able to access it on your smart phone by texting ecard to 51736.
We look forward to welcoming you to class. If you have any questions about the course, please email Mary at Learncpr@heartstrters.org
Mary Houska, Lead Instructor